- Home prices, including distressed sales, increased annually by 6.7 percent in October 2016, and increased 1.1 percent from September, according to the Home Price Index and HPI Forecast by CoreLogic.
- Additionally, 384,000 borrowers moved out of negative equity, increasing the percentage of homes with positive equity to 93.7 percent of all mortgaged properties, or approximately 47.9 million homes.
- U.S. homeowners with mortgages (roughly 63 percent of all homeowners) saw their equity increase to a total of $227 billion in Q3 2016 compared with the previous quarter, an increase of 3.1 percent.
- CoreLogic forecasts that home prices will increase by 4.6 percent year-over-year, and by 0.2 percent by next month.
- Year-over-year, home equity grew by $726 billion, representing an increase of 10.8 percent in Q3 2016 compared with Q3 2015.