- This event has passed.
All About Disclosures
April 24, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$40
REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS HAS CLOSED. TO BE PLACED ON THE WAIT LIST, PLEASE EMAIL HEATHER@TSBOR.COM.
Are you prepared for California’s stringent disclosure requirements? Disclosures are one of the most important areas to understand in real estate today. All sellers are required to disclose material facts and as a real estate agent you have to have thorough knowledge of the California real estate disclosures.
In the “All About Disclosures” course you will review approximately 30 disclosure requirements that are typically seen in a residential 1-4 transaction item by item. The course will help you understand the reasons behind the disclosures, when the disclosures must be made, and when they might be exempted. Take this course to help better serve your buyers and sellers along with protecting yourself from personal liability.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- Understand how to complete disclosures
- Learn how to read and use the various disclosure charts
- Review some important and recent cases affecting disclosures
- Discover local ordinance disclosure rules
- Review miscellaneous issues such as disclosure of repairs, death on the property, and illegal and contractual disclosures
This course covers:
- Disclosure definition
- History of disclosures in real estate
- Basic disclosure requirements: Residential 1-4s
- Agency Disclosure and Agency Confirmation
- The Transfer Disclosure Statement
- Exemptions from TDS
- Smoke detectors
- Heater bracing
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Disclosure & Compliance
- The visual inspection
- Natural hazard zones
- Natural Hazard Disclosure Statement
- Mello-Roos Taxes and 1915 Bond Act Assessments
- Former military ordinance location
- Industrial use zoning
- Supplemental property tax bill
- Informational booklets and form FLD
- Lab activity
- Registered sex offenders
- Toxic mold
- Material facts
- Death of an occupant
- Property transfer fee
- Miscellaneous disclosures on the sales disclosure chart
- The sales disclosure chart
- Contractual disclosures
- Local ordinance disclosures
- Illegal disclosures
- The advantage of disclosures
Who should attend: Every REALTOR® in the state of California who has any involvement in the purchase agreement process.
Instructor: Robert Bloom
- Payment must be received 72 hours after class registration.
- You may pay online or in person at the Board office.
- Cancellations must be received – in writing – at least 24 hours prior to the course date to be eligible for a refund.